Monday, October 12, 2015

Scam Alert – Affiliate Business Group

Amazon associates phone call scams
Today I received a phone call from a company called Affilate Business Group. The representative who called me was a gentleman by the name of Zack Moore. The phone number he gave me was 1-800-533-7090.
Amazon associates phone call scams Zack went on to say I could make lots of money working for Amazon part time working 3 to 5 hours a week. This really sound too good to be true. He then goes on to say I have to listen to a short presentation right now while he listens on mute. Translation while he is calling other people for the same scam.
Amazon associates phone call scams
  1. Why is this a scam? I stopped Zack and said is their an up front fee for this service? The answer was yes. As I started to explain that I do not do upfront fees Zack hung up on me. He had been called out and he got caught.
  2. Amazon associates phone call scams
Rule number 1 – Never give any financial or personal data over the phone.
Rule Number 2 – If it sounds to good to be true it is.
Rule Number 3 – Never pay up front to make money. These are scams.
Amazon associates phone call scams
I did some digging. I found some rather interesting articles that support the claim that this operation is a scam!
Amazon associates phone call scams
  1. To see a customer complaint from Ripoffreport.com please
  2. Complaint on scambook please
  3. Complaints board complaint please
I will be reporting this to the Toronto Police. This is a marketing scam. Do not and I mean do not give them any money.
Editors Note Nov 5, 2012 – I received a phone call from a male claiming it was his company and he was upset at me. He asked me to change the post and even tried to vocally intimidate me. He also refused to address the entire scam part of his organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment